So, you've seen it in the movies and TV shows and you've probably thought, how hard can it be?
Well, it doesn't have to. As long as you don't get the facts mixed with the myths. I've seen many couples walk into the chapel and end up walking out after a few minutes because they didn't really think things through.
Here's a few things you might want to to remember when getting hitched in Vegas.
1. Unless you're renewing your vows, you still need to get a marriage license down at the court house, also know as the Marriage License Bureau (click for more info)
A. You will need a valid picture ID (Drivers License, Passport etc.)
B. $60 to get the paperwork
C. Applicants must be a biological male and a biological female, at least 18 years of age, and no nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half-blood, and not having a husband or wife living.
(Save time - This is the link to get the license online)
2. You can not get married intoxicated (Thanks Brittney). Most wedding chapels will not even allow you to have alcohol on the premises, so don't even think about it. Drink all you want afterwards.
3. Yes, you can bring guests with you. Save the embarrassment, make sure they are not drunk too.
4. The ministers at the chapels are real and actual ordained ministers. They have their own churches in town. So please, do not treat them like your buddies. Exercise some common sense and decency - do no be a potty mouth.
5. It's still very cheap to get married in Las Vegas($200-$500 compared to $20,000).
But please, don't skimp on the class. Tip everyone that has extended a personal level of service (Minister, Limo Driver, Photographer) - you are in Las Vegas - a tipping town.
6. Come in dressed. Please. It's your wedding. Not a freak show. There are kids sometimes in the chapel.
7. Don't forget your rings
8. You can have your own vows. Write them down or practice. It makes it special
9. Yes, you can have an Elvis at your wedding.
10. Have fun! Follow the rules and it will be a memorable day.