March 9, 2016
San Dimas Gold Course, Southern California
The couple's charming appeal and their easy going friends made the night one that will be talked about for a long time. Being one of the first of their friends to tie the knot, these two showed that you can have an amazing wedding while keeping to what simply reminds everyone of who you are.
We wish them both an amazing life together. Thank you for making us a part of your beautiful day!
The most expensive investment you may make on your wedding day is the cheaper photographer.
I've had hundreds of different correspondences with many potential clients throughout the years. Many of them ask very compelling questions, most of which become easier and easier to answer as years go by. Most clients, even though they may not be aware of it can read if you are confident of your answer or not. The questions may range from asking about the importance of a second photographer to how the products are delivered and even to editing out wrinkles.
The reason I think it becomes easier to answer is basically experience. This is one factor that most clients tend to overlook the most but is probably the most important factor of all.
In the immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson "How hard can it be?". A bride and groom or their parents can say, "Well, I can take great photos on my iphone, look!" or "my cousin dabbles in photography and has this fancy expensive camera, maybe she can shoot it."
Think of it this way - and no, I won't be using the doctor analogy... Every photographer with a website can and will show their best work. It could be their best work from the past year, or their best work from the last ten years. But when you interview your wedding photographer, the one who you want to capture the most beautiful moments of your most important day, you want to know about their experience, their familiarity with weddings, how many weddings and portraits have they shot and their confidence level with their craft.
That is very important. If you are going to spend $600 on a photographer and you end up with photos you are not particularly proud of - there goes your $600.
A very good and very experienced photographer will have harnessed the instinct and intuition and the right talent to move seamlessly during the ceremony, work well with everyone from you to your grandma, resolve an issue before it even happens, not panic if it does and not just keep a smile on your face but also on his or her because he enjoys his work so much and it shows in his product.
The most expensive investment you may make on your wedding day is the cheaper photographer. Do not be afraid to speak to your photographer about pricing. We will be able to work with you to make sure that we capture the best moments of your wedding day.
When all's said and done, years from now, when you look back at the photos, we want you to smile and remember how much fun you had - not how much of a bad decision you made because you went for the photographer that costs a few hundred bucks less.
Interview us, we are here to earn your business.
Let's get hitched in Vegas!
It should be an easy proposition. It is actually. compared to other places. As long as:
A. You are both free to legally marry each other.
B. Well that's it really.
To get married in Las Vegas, much like in any other place, you will need to obtain a marriage license. Here, you can get that license 365 days of the year. The Regional Justice Center has the Marriage Licence Bureau that is open from 8am to 12 midnight every day of the week. Sometimes they open for 24 hours, but those are for special days.
The address to the Clark County Marriage License Bureau is
301 Clark Street, Las Vegas, NV
Both parties will need government issued identification. Driver's license for US residents and Passports for foreign applicants are accepted.
You will need the marriage license in order to have the marriage performed. After the ceremony, the marriage license will be submitted to the Clark County Recorder's office and then it will be official. Your actually marriage certificate will then be issued soon after.
Click the link below for more details from the Clark County website
I will be in New Orleans, LA this coming weekend for a corporate shoot during a convention. I will be in town Friday to Tuesday. I would love to meet up with couples, families or individuals who would like to do a shoot out in your beautiful city. This is my first time there, I will need some showing around. So, in return for photographing you, why don't you show me the greatest spots of New Orleans?
I do have limited availability since I am contracted during the day. So the shoots will be either early in the morning or late at night. It will be amazing anyways since I'm pretty amazing with low light.
Let me know! Thank you in advance!
The photos from the wedding are available to view by clicking this link.
Enjoy the slideshow by clicking below. Thank you!
The Las Vegas Springs Preserve is less than 10 minutes drive from Downtown Las Vegas
20-25 Minutes from the Las Vegas Sign
The event starts promptly at 4:30 in the afternoon
Merriment will follow
Please arrive in cocktail attire
One part of the year that I've been waiting for is the fall. There are a few places in Las Vegas where it becomes evident and where one can create images where the canvass is a mix of yellow and warm orange. I was lucky enough to get great light that morning when I met with Racheal and Marco. My giddiness to get the shoot started was when I saw Racheals Auburn hair; in my head I said "perfect...".
As expected, there were some hesitance with the first few poses. This is the part of the dance where the photographer and subject finds each other tempo, each others rhythm. After about 10 minutes we were ready to dance. We found amazing little corners and cooperative foliage. I described the color behind my couple as an impressionists palette ready to paint a morning burst of sunlight.
Here's some of the work I came out with from that shoot - I thought at first I'd pick my favorites. But much like a proud parent, you know everyone is your favorite...
Life In Vegas Photography is pleased to offer a free 1 hour photo shoot on the world famous Las Vegas boulevard worth at least $200!
The photoshoot will be for clients who book a wedding package for at least four hours for 2014 and 2015. The photoshoot can be for your engagement shoot or trash the dress photoshoot, or even your family or group photos.
The shoot will use our beautiful and amazing environment on the strip as a backdrop for your photos! Call or email us now for the booking.
Below are 20 wise marriage tips from a man that was recently divorced. You wouldn’t normally think that a divorced man would give good advice on being a husband, but this man has been through enough hardship to know what is worth fighting for:
MARRIAGE ADVICE I WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD:
Obviously, I’m not a relationship expert. But there’s something about my divorce being finalized this week that gives me perspective of things I wish I would have done different… After losing a woman that I loved, and a marriage of almost 16 years, here’s the advice I wish I would have had…
1) Never stop courting. Never stop dating. NEVER EVER take that woman for granted. When you asked her to marry you, you promised to be that man that would OWN HER HEART and to fiercely protect it. This is the most important and sacred treasure you will ever be entrusted with. SHE CHOSE YOU. Never forget that, and NEVER GET LAZY in your love.
2) PROTECT YOUR OWN HEART. Just as you committed to being the protector of her heart, you must guard your own with the same vigilance. Love yourself fully, love the world openly, but there is a special place in your heart where no one must enter except for your wife. Keep that space always ready to receive her and invite her in, and refuse to let anyone or anything else enter there.
3) FALL IN LOVE OVER and OVER and OVER again. You will constantly change. You’re not the same people you were when you got married, and in five years you will not be the same person you are today. Change will come, and in that you have to re-choose each other everyday. SHE DOESN’T HAVE TO STAY WITH YOU, and if you don’t take care of her heart, she may give that heart to someone else or seal you out completely, and you may never be able to get it back. Always fight to win her love just as you did when you were courting her.
4) ALWAYS SEE THE BEST in her. Focus only on what you love. What you focus on will expand. If you focus on what bugs you, all you will see is reasons to be bugged. If you focus on what you love, you can’t help but be consumed by love. Focus to the point where you can no longer see anything but love, and you know without a doubt that you are the luckiest man on earth to be have this woman as your wife.
5) IT’S NOT YOUR JOB TO CHANGE OR FIX HER… your job is to love her as she is with no expectation of her ever changing. And if she changes, love what she becomes, whether it’s what you wanted or not.
6) TAKE FULL ACCOUNTABILITY for your own emotions: It’s not your wife’s job to make you happy, and she CAN’T make you sad. You are responsible for finding your own happiness, and through that your joy will spill over into your relationship and your love.
7) NEVER BLAME your wife If YOU get frustrated or angry at her, it is only because it is triggering something inside of YOU. They are YOUR emotions, and your responsibility. When you feel those feelings take time to get present and to look within and understand what it is inside of YOU that is asking to be healed. You were attracted to this woman because she was the person best suited to trigger all of your childhood wounds in the most painful way so that you could heal them… when you heal yourself, you will no longer be triggered by her, and you will wonder why you ever were.
Allow your woman to JUST BE. When she’s sad or upset, it’s not your job to fix it, it’s your job to HOLD HER and let her know it’s ok. Let her know that you hear her, and that she’s important and that you are that pillar on which she can always lean. The feminine spirit is about change and emotion and like a storm her emotions will roll in and out, and as you remain strong and unjudging she will trust you and open her soul to you… DON’T RUN-AWAY WHEN SHE’S UPSET. Stand present and strong and let her know you aren’t going anywhere. Listen to what she is really saying behind the words and emotion.
9) BE SILLY… don’t take yourself so damn seriously. Laugh. And make her laugh. Laughter makes everything else easier.
10) FILL HER SOUL EVERYDAY… learn her love languages and the specific ways that she feels important and validated and CHERISHED. Ask her to create a list of 10 THINGS that make her feel loved and memorize those things and make it a priority everyday to make her feel like a queen.
11) BE PRESENT. Give her not only your time, but your focus, your attention and your soul. Do whatever it takes to clear your head so that when you are with her you are fully WITH HER. Treat her as you would your most valuable client. She is.
12) BE WILLING TO TAKE HER SEXUALLY, to carry her away in the power of your masculine presence, to consume her and devour her with your strength, and to penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul. Let her melt into her feminine softness as she knows she can trust you fully.
13) DON’T BE AN IDIOT…. And don’t be afraid of being one either. You will make mistakes and so will she. Try not to make too big of mistakes, and learn from the ones you do make. You’re not supposed to be perfect, just try to not be too stupid.
14) GIVE HER SPACE… The woman is so good at giving and giving, and sometimes she will need to be reminded to take time to nurture herself. Sometimes she will need to fly from your branches to go and find what feeds her soul, and if you give her that space she will come back with new songs to sing…. (okay, getting a little too poetic here, but you get the point. Tell her to take time for herself, ESPECIALLY after you have kids. She needs that space to renew and get re-centered, and to find herself after she gets lost in serving you, the kids and the world.)
15) BE VULNERABLE… you don’t have to have it all together. Be willing to share your fears and feelings, and quick to acknowledge your mistakes.
16) BE FULLY TRANSPARENT. If you want to have trust you must be willing to share EVERYTHING… Especially those things you don’t want to share. It takes courage to fully love, to fully open your heart and let her in when you don’t know i she will like what she finds… Part of that courage is allowing her to love you completely, your darkness as well as your light. DROP THE MASK… If you feel like you need to wear a mask around her, and show up perfect all the time, you will never experience the full dimension of what love can be.
17) NEVER STOP GROWING TOGETHER… The stagnant pond breeds malaria, the flowing stream is always fresh and cool. Atrophy is the natural process when you stop working a muscle, just as it is if you stop working on your relationship. Find common goals, dreams and visions to work towards.
18) DON’T WORRY ABOUT MONEY. Money is a game, find ways to work together as a team to win it. It never helps when teammates fight. Figure out ways to leverage both persons strength to win.
19) FORGIVE IMMEDIATELY and focus on the future rather than carrying weight from the past. Don’t let your history hold you hostage. Holding onto past mistakes that either you or she makes, is like a heavy anchor to your marriage and will hold you back. FORGIVENESS IS FREEDOM. Cut the anchor loose and always choose love.
20) ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. In the end, this is the only advice you need. If this is the guiding principle through which all your choices is governed, there is nothing that will threaten the happiness of your marriage. Love will always endure.
In the end MARRIAGE isn’t about Happily ever after. It’s about work. And a commitment to grow together and a willingness to continually invest in creating something that can endure eternity. Through that work, the happiness will come.
Marriage is life, and it will bring ups and downs. Embracing all of the cycles and learning to learn from and love each experience will bring the strength and perspective to keep building, one brick at a time.
These are lessons I learned the hard way. These are lessons I learned too late.
But these are lessons I am learning and committed in carrying forward. Truth is, I LOVED being married, and in time, I will get married again, and when I do, I will build it with a foundation that will endure any storm and any amount of time.
If you are reading this and find wisdom in my pain, share it those those young husbands whose hearts are still full of hope, and with those couples you may know who may have forgotten how to love. One of those men may be like I was, and in these hard earned lessons perhaps something will awaken in him and he will learn to be the man his lady has been waiting for.
The woman that told him ‘I do’, and trusted her life with him, has been waiting for this man to step up.
If you are reading this and your marriage isn’t what you want it to be, take 100% responsibility for YOUR PART in marriage, regardless of where your spouse is at, and commit to applying these lessons while there is time.
MEN- THIS IS YOUR CHARGE : Commit to being an EPIC LOVER. There is no greater challenge, and no greater prize. Your woman deserves that from you.
Be the type of husband your wife can’t help but brag about.
Lifted from an online public post by Gerald Rogers
Life In Vegas Photography is offering discounted Family Holiday Portrait sessions for Camden Residents!
The photo session will be done at our beautiful outdoor grounds or inside our leasing offices by the fireplace!
We will have props and fun toys for the "fun" photo version available during the whole shoot. The photo packages include prints (large and small), post cards and digital copies. Get dressed and look great for your holiday photographs!
Our shooting date will be on October 20. Inside shoot will be from 10am to 3pm and outdoor shoot will be 3pm on wards.
Click here to reserve a time - Choose Camden Family photography
Call Jab at 702-498-5211 for more information.